Adventure Nomad

Adventure Nomad

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Langkawi Mountain Bike Race

Langkawi MTB Race 2012. Olympus OMD EM5, 45mm f/1.8.
I'm back from the Langkawi MTB Race where I learned a few things:

One: The Maxxis Ikon sucks in deep mud;
Two: Mud and 2.2" tires don't mix on the Specialized Epic's rear;
Three: Don't race when sick.

As a result of points One and Two (above), I got a few tire tips from the pros and I'll be switching the Ikon 2.2 (front/rear) to the Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.1 on the rear, and the Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.25 on the front for the coming wet months.

Me on the urban xc section on Day 1. Photo courtesy Cycling Malaysia.
As a result of point Three (above), I had to pull out after day 3, but at least I got Bury Stander and Todd Wells to sign my bike, so the trip wasn't a total washout!

Bury Stander signing my bike.  Olympus OMD EM5, 20mm f/1.7.

No comments: